I'm not the type to argue with someone if they are not into sushi. It's different. It's fish. It's Japanese. It's raw. But I do have to wonder if holding out on experiencing sushi when, deep down inside, you really want to experience it, even if only once, is healthy. Now I know there are some things that merit at least a second thought, like, say, running with the bulls in Pamplona. (Which by the way, both my brothers have done and so will I some day) And there are other things that don't merit a second thought, like skydiving naked, high on PCP, without a parachute. Duh. But c'mon people, ya gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater on everything?
Very recently I was "awakened" to the fact that I was part of a culture and people that, for the most part, I have abandoned. Why? Because every time I have tried to apply their "wisdom" to my life I failed. It's my own fault, and especially ironic because when you think about that wisdom, it actually makes sense. Makes sense for the most part, anyway, until you think about how the rubber is going to hit the road. Good in theory, bad in practice. At least for me. And all around me all I can see are the babies, precious as they may be, discarded "in the name of". But are they really as precious as babies?
I was taught 10 years ago;
To bide my time and take it slow.
Then I learned just yesterday;
To rush and never waste a day.
Now I'm convinced the whole day long;
That all I learned is always wrong.
And things seem true that I forget;
But no one taught that to me yet.
(Thank you Trey)
Why do I seem to forget that which once seemed to be truth? Is it the same reason I'm tired and sore after a workout? Just haven't exercised those muscles in a while? I'm always seeking a challenge...
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here." Do I need that attitude? Do I need to use it now? Can I do it?
Or do I need a reckoning first.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So what is the plan from here, Morgan?
Virgil?
And where the hell is Doc?
Long road ahead, lots to be seen and experienced, but more importantly, conquered. I think we are all in the same place, my brothers. But...long road in front of us. We should work on filling out the team, but carefully. The last thing we need is more bottom feeders. We're better than that, as Morgan has proved. Time to roll quickly and fiercely forward, drop a few bombs along the way, put down some wasabi, then get out of Tombstone. That bastard across the river deserves all he gets and then some, but that's not the end of the story.
I just hope Doc is ready. (Where the hell is he?)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment