Wednesday, March 11, 2009

35

35 is half of 70. I'm 35 this month. Half way to 70.

70 is a big number. You never celebrate being able to count to 70 when you're a toddler or pre-schooler. It's just a stop on the way to 100. But it's a big number, and dammit I'm half way there. And, to rub it in, now the days are passing faster. Damn you, mortality. Just when you become conscious of who you are, what you are, what you are capable of...the clock starts ticking faster. Maybe now is when I re-energize my faith in the gods, so I can take comfort in the fact that 70 really means nothing, in the "grand" scheme of things, that there is some grand eternity waiting for me.

Or not. I could just make the most of what's left. And maybe, that will buy me more opportunity in the eternities anyway.

Dilemma....or is it?

Either way, days are like uncut diamonds.

I ain't gonna waste any more.

Well, maybe a few. Here and there. Because I know I'm wealthy in days, so I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment