I started riding again, after a couple months off. Not nearly as much as I have in the past, but it's a start. Amy has her eye on a 16-inch Fetish Seduction which should give her something easier to pedal than my Nomad, which she currently rides. An XL, 33 pound, 6-inch travel bike probably isn't the best for your average 5'6" female, but she loves it...and will that much more when she gets something sized for her. And I can't think of anything more appropriate for her than a black Fetish Seduction. I have an old set of Crossmax SL's that will look great on it...
Nothing hurts anymore. Getting up, going to work, dealing with kids, dealing with budgets...yeah, it's all trying and challenging, but nothing hurts anymore. The eggshells are gone. No ominous presence anymore to diminish your existence. Heck, even the old, hard mattress is gone, and I sleep better. (We got one of those tempurpedic memory foam mattresses...wow, what a difference...)
But I think the biggest difference is, I feel needed and appreciated. No, scratch that. I just feel engaged. The time I spend with my kiddos now is so much more involved. Heck, I'd rather take 50% custody and all quality time with my kids than to have stayed married to the ex and have maybe 10% quality time because mom and dad had so many issues to deal with. Would the kids really have suffered less had we stayed together? Doubt it. Yeah, it's not ideal, but its the best we could give them. I hope they understand that, and don't fall victim to the "life templates" that their mom and dad fell victim to. Now, I've got the rest of their childhoods to teach them how to listen to the gods and follow their own path, and not someone else's. Granted, there will be opposition, but they'll figure it out. As long as there is a voice of reason in their lives. As long as I'm around.

No comments:
Post a Comment